Since summer squash is easy to come by this time of year, we thought we’d share one of our all-time favorite recipes for Zucchini Gratin!
This dish is perfect for using up large zucchini—you know the ones that look more like a giant club/ weapon versus a tasty vegetable you’d actually want to eat :).
So enjoy this great Labor Day cookout recipe for Cheesy Zucchini Goodness and your upcoming holiday weekend!
Write a review
- 2 lb zucchini, grated
- ½ t sea salt, plus additional, to taste
- 3 T butter
- 2 T shallots or scallions, chopped
- ⅓–½ cup heavy cream
- Pepper, to taste
- 4–5 T white cheese (Gruyère works well), grated
- Grate zucchini and toss with ½ teaspoon salt in a colander.
- Let drain for a few minutes, then wring out handfuls in a clean dish towel or handkerchief.
- Heat the butter to foaming in a large sauté pan.
- Add in shallots then zucchini.
- Toss over high heat several minutes, just until tender.
- Add cream and stir until absorbed. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread in a thin layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with grated cheese.
- Place under a broiler just before serving until cheese is lightly browned.
- C = 4g P = 5g F = 10g
- 120 calories per serving
- Adapted from: Julia Child’s The Way To Cook
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/