Serves — 6
1 lb fresh green beans
4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup onion, sliced into thin strips (or 2 scallions, finely chopped)
2 T apple cider vinegar
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to maintain a vigorous simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan.
- Drain the beans and transfer to a bowl. Pour vinegar over and toss to coat.
- Pour the reserved bacon fat over the beans, add the bacon and onions and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
C = 6g P = 4g F = 2g
50 calories per serving
Adapted from: www.eatingwell.com