Many people seem to get off track with their nutrition while traveling in the summer season. The following tips will help you make better choices so you can look and feel your very best all year long!
1. Plan ahead and pack a cooler. Do not be at the mercy of fast food restaurants or the gas station. You will lose the race in the end. Fail to plan and plan to fail!
2. Do not let yourself get too hungry. Running low on gas will stress your engine, making it hard for your metabolism to properly run.
3. Stop at a grocery store. If you run out of food, pull over at grocery store instead of a gas station. You may be surprised to find a health food store right on your route. Check out www.ncga.coop for local coops around the country.
4. If you are dinning out check out this website (www.eatwellguide.org). It will help you find restaurants that serve local food in the area you are traveling.
5. Bring coconut oil and gelatin with you. This will make balancing snacks easier.
6. Limit the amount of grain consumption. Stick to fruits and pure juices as your main source of carbohydrate. Too much bread will get your waistline every time.
7. Always balance your meals and snacks. Remember, don’t to eat carbohydrates or proteins alone.
If you get off track…remember the 80/20 rule and get right back on.
Do not let one bad choice send your entire trip into a tailspin.