Just in time for your Mother’s Day brunch, here’s a new quiche recipe that’s pretty darn stellar, if we do say so ourselves! We whipped this up on my recent trip out to Kate’s farm, so with two 1-year-olds in tow, you can be sure this recipe is super simple and little people approved!
And the best part is…it tastes just as great right out of the oven as it does eaten cold for leftovers the next day.
You’re welcome :).Print
Write a review
- 1 T coconut oil (plus a little extra for pie plates)
- 1 lb Beeler's Breakfast Sausage (or plain ground sausage with Italian seasoning and garlic salt, to taste)
- 1 green or red pepper (or a mix of both), chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t garlic salt or to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add sausage, green or red pepper and onion. Cook until sausage is fully browned and then divide meat and vegetables evenly into two, 9-inch pie plates lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of cottage cheese over the top of each pie plate, spreading evenly over sausage and vegetables.
- Next, crumble 1/4 cup of feta cheese over the top of each pie plate. Follow with 1/4 cup of white cheddar cheese over the top of each.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Mix in Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over each pie plate then place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
- C = 5g P = 14g F = 20g
- 260 calories per serving
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/