1 3-4 lb pastured pork or beef shoulder or picnic roast
1 onion, finely chopped
1 jar Daddy Sam’s BBQ Sauce (in Madison available at Willy Street Coop, Woodman’s East and Whole Foods Market)
½ c broth or water
- Take a 3-4 lb pastured pork shoulder roast (pastured beef roast also work well) and cut visible fat and discard.
- Turn crock-pot on low setting.
- Add chopped onion, water and roast to crock-pot.
- Let roast cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Drain fat.
- Pull roast apart with a fork.
- Add Daddy Sam’s BBQ sauce and let it cook an additional 1-3 hours on warm.
C=15g P=17g F=11g
234 calories per serving