Ready to try making a few changes to this year’s Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration?
Then how about giving this delicious recipe a whirl that makes for an excellent side dish or a yummy breakfast all by itself!
If you’re tired of plain ole sweet potatoes, awaken your taste buds and put a new twist on tradition this holiday season!
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute until spinach is wilted. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in feta cheese and pour into a pie plate lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Combine milk and eggs and pour over veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is puffed and lightly browned on top.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- C = 12g P = 10g F = 11g
- 190 calories per serving