Just like your great/grandmother used to make, this dessert recipe is made with REAL food ingredients and is as easy as, well…pie :).
You can make this dish using either einkorn or traditional flour. And instead of having to spend time rolling out and crimping pie dough, you just “plop” it right on top. No muss, no fuss — exactly the way we like it!
We hope you enjoy what is sure to become a new “after dinner favorite” surrounded by family and friends, and Merriest Christmas wishes to you this holiday season!
- Coconut oil (to grease pie plate)
- 8 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 T cinnamon
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 cup einkorn or regular flour*
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate lightly with coconut oil.
- Place apple chunks in pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar and toss lightly to coat.
- Stir together the flour, egg, butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour over top of apples and spread with a rubber spatula or your fingers so that all of the apples are covered with the mixture.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly crispy on top.
- Enjoy warm or cooled.
- C = 39g P = 2g F = 8g
- 230 calories per serving
- *You can find einkorn (a lower gluten alternative) flour here: http://bit.ly/2ATvoIw or at your local co-op