I’ve never really been a huge fan of fruit salad. Perhaps it’s because I remember eating
tainted versions growing up that were adulterated with questionable things like colored
mini marshmallows, powdered pudding mixes and the like. So for the past several years, I have never been interested in eating “fluffy” looking fruit salads.
Behold. A summer salad that’s simple and creamy and altogether awesome.
If you are skeptical based on past fruit salad experiences, you’re gonna have to trust me on this one. Just ask the kids that tested it out for us…they scarfed down the ENTIRE bowl!
Summer Berry Cheesecake Salad
Write a review
- 1 lb strawberries, rinsed, hulled and cut into quarters
- 1 (9 oz) container blueberries, rinsed with stems removed
- 1 (9 oz) container raspberries, rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I used Green Valley Organics — no gums!)
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley french vanilla half and half
- Prepare berries and lay them on paper towels to dry while you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- With mixer running slowly, add the half and half to the cream cheese. Add about one tablespoon at a time until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the half and half has fully mixed into the cream cheese.*
- Combine berries in a large bowl. Gently fold in cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
- *Do not pour all of the creamer into the cream cheese at once. It will get clumpy and no matter how long you beat it, it will stay that way.
- C = 12g P = 2g F = 8g
- 120 calories per serving
- Adapted from: www.theslowroasteditalian.com
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/