Stuffed with cheesy-bacony goodness, these little one bite wonders are definitely crowd pleasers!
With a filling this delicious, you’ll win best appetizer award wherever you decide to bring them this holiday season…guaranteed!
- 1 (12 oz) package bacon
- 1 (16 oz) package whole mushrooms
- 2 T butter
- 2 (8 oz) containers mascarpone, slightly softened
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Fry bacon until crispy. When cooled, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms and gently pull out the stems. Set aside.
- Place the mushroom caps upside down on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes in order to release some of the water in the mushrooms.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and sauté in butter for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the mascarpone in a medium-sized bowl and add the chopped bacon and mushroom pieces. Mix well.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the mixture (almost to the point of overflowing) and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a paper towel to remove excess water/oil released from baking process.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy the new friends you have just made from making this oh-so delicious treat!
- One more thing….depending on the size of the mushrooms, you may have leftover filling. Oh darn. Enjoy as a snack with carrot sticks, or place over chicken breasts and bake at 325ºF for 30 minutes for an easy spin on traditional chicken breasts with as little effort as possible!
- P = 7g C = 1g F = 17g
- 170 calories per serving