We’re thinking spring over here with this delicious new recipe for roasted asparagus.
Many people aren’t huge fans of asparagus as it’s all too easy to overcook. Because let’s face it — no one likes soggy, wilted vegetables.
So an easy way to avoid that predicament is to simply roast it in the oven for a few minutes. The end result is a super yummy side dish even the little people in your house will love!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 T coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place coconut oil on the middle of a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Arrange spears evenly spaced on the cookie sheet, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the oven. Once coconut oil melts, shake the pan a few times so it coats the asparagus.
- Return to the oven for a total of about 10 minutes for thick asparagus spears. If the spears are fairly thin, total roasting time should be between 6-8 minutes.
- Removal from the oven, sprinkle with additional sea salt and Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve warm.
- C = 5g P = 2g F = 3.5g
- 50 calories per serving
- (calculated without garnish)