Check out this great recipe for a twist on plain old squash that even the kids will love! It’s the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
Write a review
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (see pic below)
- 2 T butter
- ½ small yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ t red pepper flakes (less or omit if you don't want a little kick)
- 1 t fresh thyme, chopped
- ¾ t garlic salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 T hydrolyzed gelatin
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place spaghetti squash in a pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife is easily inserted.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, red pepper flakes (if desired) and thyme. Cook for about 5 minutes or just until the onions are lightly browned. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Once the squash has cooled, removed the seeds. Using a fork, remove the inside of the squash and transfer to a bowl. Add the onion mixture, gelatin, sour cream and ½ cup cheese. Combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- C = 10g P = 9g F = 9g
- 150 calories per serving
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/