Serves — 8
¾ cup Einkorn flour
¾ t baking powder
1½ t Italian seasoning
Pinch of sea salt
¾ cup 2% milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup pepperoni or sausage, cooked
½ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Add in the milk and egg, stirring well to incorporate.
- Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and meat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the batter and divide evenly among the mini-muffin cups*.
- Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, warm the pizza sauce over medium-low heat.
- Serve puffs with warmed pizza sauce.
*Note: Not all of my batter fit into the mini-muffin cups. You can simply add any leftover batter to a full-size muffin tin if needed.
C = 11g P = 11g F = 13g
200 calories per serving
Adapted from: Everyday with Rachel Ray