Who says you have to eat garbage during party season?
Here’s a great recipe for homemade Pesto Dip! This is a super simple, but super tasty little appetizer that is perfect for your upcoming holiday gatherings or football parties!
Try pairing this with some local goat cheese (cream cheese also works), brown rice or gluten free crackers…courtesy of cookbook #2…And voila! A delicious treat you can feel great about snacking on!
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 t garlic salt (or 2 garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Combine the basil, garlic salt, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add olive oil and cheese, processing until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- C = 1g P = 1g F = 8g
- 80 calories per serving
- Adapted from: www.foodnetwork.com