Just in time for your Memorial Day weekend celebration, here’s a delicious recipe for Old Fashioned Potato Salad!
Some may remember this family favorite as German potato salad and many of our grandparents probably made it routinely for occasions just like this.
So get ready to kick back and enjoy a timeless dish everyone is sure to love!
Old Fashioned Potato Salad
Write a review
- 3 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb bacon
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 T water
- 3 T cane sugar
- 1 t sea salt
- ⅛ t pepper
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot filled with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender or easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place bacon in a large sauté pan and cook over medium-high heat. Fry until brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside, reserving bacon drippings.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Bring to a boil then add the potatoes and parsley.
- Crumble half of the bacon and add it to the potato mix. Cook the mixture until heated through.
- Transfer to a serving dish, crumble the remaining bacon over top and serve warm.
- C = 11g P = 5g F = 17g
- 220 calories per serving
- Adapted from: www.allrecipes.com
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/