Duchess Sweet Potatoes – serves 12
- 3 c cooked sweet potatoes (I baked mine at 375ºF for 1 hour)
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 t pure maple syrup
- ¼ c orange juice
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 T butter
- Rice or mash sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, syrup, juice, yolks and butter; whip thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until they form peaks.
- Fold beaten egg whites in mixture.
- Heap individual mounds onto a well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven at 425ºF until tops are brown.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.
C = 12g P = 2g F = 3.5g Cals = 90