Since Kate and I have four high-energy kiddos between the two of us, trying to keep track of everyone’s schedules while working and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is definitely not super easy! And while we still believe that wellness isn’t all about food, we will always promote eating real food our great-grandmothers would have eaten as often as possible…without totally overwhelming ourselves in the process.
Hence the introduction of our friend Jennifer who does meal prep service in the Madison area. She is an all-in-one, amazingly talented whiz in the kitchen and a lifesaver for busy families. Her services can be tailored to fit your needs and include grocery shopping, cooking and even delivery, saving you tons of time while providing delicious homemade dishes your whole family will love!
Hi, my name is Jennifer Dobson and my meal prep service includes fully cooked main and side dishes that you can mix and match to create your own perfect, healthy meal, usually with enough for leftovers (both sides and mains typically serve 4 – 6).
My personal cooking style includes whole foods, organic whenever possible, limited grains, grass-fed dairy and meats, wild-caught fish, etc., but I can also accommodate any restrictions and/or dish preferences. You’re in complete control of the dishes you receive and where your food comes from.
Contact me at CuisineByJenD@gmail.com for more info. Here are a few client-favorite recipes you can try at home:
- 6 T fresh lemon juice
- 6 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 t honey
- coarse sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce (optional)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium English (or regular) cucumber, diced large
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, diced large
- 1 small red onion, diced medium
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- Make dressing by whisking together lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, and honey; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag and add 2 – 3 tablespoons of dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour before grilling.
- Once chicken breasts are removed from the grill, cool then shred or cut into cubes.
- Assemble the remaining salad ingredients (lettuce thru feta), then add chicken and toss well to combine. Serve with remaining dressing.
- C = 11g P = 20g F = 22g
- 320 calories per serving
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and large diced
- 2 T butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound of lean grass-fed ground beef (bison or lamb)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 t fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 t fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil sweet potatoes until fully cooked; drain and mash with butter and milk and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion, carrot, and celery 3 – 5 minutes until onion is roughly translucent.
- To the same pan as the veggies, add the ground beef and garlic and continue sautéing until the beef is fully cooked; stir in peas and remaining seasonings and remove from heat.
- Spread the meat mixture in a casserole dish or 9 x 12 glass baking dish. Next carefully spread the mashed potatoes atop the meat mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes; serve and enjoy!
- C = 21g P = 13g F = 12g
- 240 calories per serving