In honor of these oh so lovely temperatures, enjoy one of my favorite “late summer” recipes you can whip up in a snap. It’s a lite, garden inspired dish your whole family will love!
My favorite part is that it utilizes many of the veggies that are typically in abundance this time of year…including “The Fountain,” our who-knows-what-kind of tomato plant we’ve watched grow in our neighbor’s garden over the past few months. Who knew a little tomato plant could bring such joy and deliciousness to our lives time and time again :).
- 1 (2.25 oz) can black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package Belgioioso mozzarella cheese pearls
- 2-3 medium-sized garden tomatoes, chopped or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- ½ t garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients, toss and serve.
- C = 4g P = 7g F = 14g
- 170 calories per serving