Homemade Gummy Squares — Serves 16
1 c water
½ c non-hydrolyzed gelatin powder
1 c white cane sugar
Orange juice to moisten sugar (about 1/2 – 1 cup)
½ lemon, juiced
- Place water in glass bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water until mostly dissolved. Let mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Put sugar in large saucepan. Cover with a little orange juice and mix until all sugar is moist. Be careful not to put too much orange juice in sugar.
- Bring to a boil until sugar runs clear.
- Pour gelatin mixture in pan with sugar and orange juice. Turn down heat to medium and let mixture cook while mixing with a spoon.
- Add lemon juice.
- When gelatin is dissolved, put mixture into coconut-oil-greased 9×12-inch Pyrex dish or candy mold.
- Let sit for 12 hours, until relatively hard.
- When set, remove from pan and cut into small squares.
- Store candy in refrigerator with or without covering.
C = 13g P = 3g F = 0g
60 calories per serving
Recipe from Dodie Anderson, MA