Looking for a new main dish recipe that utilizes fresh veggies before the summer ends? Here’s a super delicious, super easy dish that will have everyone asking for more! So head on out to the garden or nearby farmers’ market, grab your veggies and throw together a great recipe that is sure to become a family favorite!
Garden Pasta Salad
Write a review
- 16 oz gluten free noodles (about 6 cups dry noodles), cooked, drained and cooled
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds removed and chopped*
- 2-3 medium-sized garden tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T plus 1 t garlic salt (more if you really like garlic!)
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Avocado, diced (optional)
- Place noodles in a large serving bowl.
- Grill chicken until cooked through and moist. Allow to cool, cut into 1-inch cubes and add to noodles.
- Place chopped vegetables in a separate bowl and drain off any juice that accumulates.
- Once drained, add the vegetables, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic salt to the noodles and chicken and gently toss until well combined.
- Spoon onto serving plates topping each with 1 tbsp feta and avocado, if desired. It is best not to mix the feta and avocado in with the salad until serving as the feta will get mushy and the avocado will turn brown when stored as leftovers.
- If you'd like to decrease the number of carbohydrates in this recipe, simply omit the noodles and add more fresh veggies!
- *Slice the cucumber length-wise and run a spoon down the middle to easily remove the seeds. You do not necessarily have to remove the seeds, however they do store water and may affect the consistency of the dressing and/or noodles if stored as leftovers.
- C = 34g P = 17g F = 14g
- 330 calories per serving
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/