Even though we royally bombed our recent mayo attempts at the farm, we did manage to succeed at coming up with a delicious new recipe for einkorn flour banana muffins.
While these muffins are tasty little treats, that’s exactly how they should be thought of: Tasty treats to have here and there, as they are relatively high in both carbohydrates and calories. However, when you’re in the mood for something yummy on a Saturday morning or need a clean treat to bring to school or some kind of party, these will definitely fit the bill! Just be sure to balance them out with some protein like a piece of cheese etc.
So enjoy them and remember that it’s A-ok to follow the 80/20 Rule and live a little from time to time!
Einkorn Flour Banana Muffins
Write a review
- Coconut oil (to grease tins)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups einkorn flour
- 4 T hydrolyzed gelatin
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 12 muffins tins with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and coconut sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the einkorn flour, gelatin, baking soda and sea salt. Stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the sour cream and bananas. Scoop evenly into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tins for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- C = 32g P = 4g F = 9g
- 230 calories per muffin
- Adapted from: https://www.youngliving.com/blog/best-ever-einkorn-banana-bread/
Tracie Fountain http://traciefountain.com/