Sweet Potato, Leek and Ricotta Soufflé Serves 8
- 2 large sweet potatoes, roasted, peeled and pureed until smooth
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4 T of butter, melted
- 1 c ricotta, drained
- 4 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease bottom of a 9” pie plate with butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Melt 2 T of butter in a skillet over medium heat and add leeks.
- Sauté until tender and fragrant then set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (stiff = stiff peaks form and hold their shape) in a mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sweet potato puree, remaining butter, ricotta, egg yolks, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked leeks, mixing well.
- Fold in egg whites, very gently.
- Spoon into prepared pie dish and bake for 1 hour, until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
C = 12g P = 8g F = 12g, 180 calories per serving
Recipe from Willy Street Co-op Reader Volume 38 – Issue 11