Crustless Veggie Quiche – serves 6
1 T coconut oil
1 cup red peppers, chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
6 oz (1 ½ cups) cheese, shredded
6 farm fresh eggs
½ t sea salt
¼ t black pepper
Ground nutmeg to taste
1/8 t garlic powder
1 ½ cups of half and half
1 oz (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread coconut oil in the bottom of a 9” baking dish.
3. Layer veggies and top with shredded cheese.
4. Beat eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, nutmeg and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
5. Pour over veggies and cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
7. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes longer or until are set and top is slightly brown.
8. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
F = 26g C = 8g P = 19g