Here is one of my favorite ways to prepare cod. This is especially good for children who are not a big fan of eating fish in general. You can even attempt to make these into cod cakes.
Cod Hash – serves 4
- 1 pound codfish fillets free of bones
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- Sea salt to taste
1. Cook cod thoroughly until it looses it translucent nature in coconut oil or butter.
2. Boil and peel the potatoes. Roughly mash them.
3. Let the fish and potatoes cool.
4. Mix the cod, potatoes, butter, Parmesan cheese and two beaten eggs together.
5. Melt remaining butter in a pan and gently sauté the mixture until brown.
6. Serve over sliced tomatoes.
Recipe by: Dodie Anderson, MA