Beat the heat this summer with our new recipe for Cilantro Lime Dressing! Simply throw everything in your blender or food processor…and voilà! Homemade dressing in just a few minutes.
We added a few notes below so you can experiment and tweak this recipe exactly to your liking. You can make it spicy, you can make it mild, or something in between.
This is super tasty on fresh veggies or a chopped salad of sorts. We drizzled it over grilled chicken, spinach leaves, shredded cheese, red peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Pretty quick. Pretty easy. And pretty darn delicious, if we do say so ourselves. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 T medium salsa*
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2 T fresh cilantro, chopped*
- ½ small jalapeño pepper, diced*
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ t chili powder
- ½ t sea or garlic salt*
- ¼ t onion powder
- 1 T avocado oil mayonnaise
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Will store up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- *This is a very "flexible" dressing that you can totally tweak to your liking. If you want dressing with a nice little kick to it, use medium rather than mild salsa (or hot if you're brave). As far as the cilantro goes, I like it with 2 T, but if you don't love cilantro as much as I do, try 1 T first and go from there. I also don't mind a bit of spice that half of a jalapeño pepper adds. It makes it slightly spicy, but not overly so. If you want more of a mild dressing, consider trying just ¼ of a pepper or leaving it out altogether. I also really like garlic salt, so I added ½ t of that instead of sea salt. If you aren't a huge fan or aren't interested in having a mild case of garlic breath after the fact, stick with the sea salt :). You can find avocado oil mayonnaise at local retailers or online at: http://amzn.to/2rsG5LN.
- C = 1g P = 1g F = 3g
- 35 calories per serving