Is is just me or is anyone else in total heaven enjoying the sights and smells of….soup season!
I can’t tell you enough how much I love the awesome weather we’ve been having, crunchy colored leaves beneath my feet and serving up a nice warm bowl of soup on a cool fall evening.
If you’ve been searching for yummy soup recipes, allow me to help. If you simply type “soup” in the search box on my website, you will have before you in a matter of seconds 11 delicious soup recipes for you and yours to enjoy.
But one of them is brand new. Are you ready for this?
This month, we added the 11th soup recipe and have chosen to give the gift that keeps on giving.
We are providing you one of the tastiest, most amazing recipes from either one of our cookbooks:
Our Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe.
I don’t mean to pat ourselves on the back. But seriously. This is quite frankly one of the most awesome soup recipes ever concocted and comes from our Recipe Collection II: Family Edition.
Make this for your friends and family and get ready to be heralded as the Best. Cook. Ever.
You’re welcome :).
ps I am well aware of the fact that the picture below is pretty pathetic in terms of claiming the awesomeness of this recipe. However, in my defense, there was a toddler, a super messy kitchen and plenty of crying involved…You get the picture (no pun intended).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T butter
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t parsley flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 T hydrolyzed gelatin, if not using Homemade Broth (search "Homemade Broth" on my site for my recipe)
- 4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ t sea salt
- ¼ t pepper
- 1–2 T arrowroot powder (optional thickener)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Brown beef in a large sauté pan. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook butter, onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley over medium heat until tender.
- Add broth, gelatin, potatoes and beef. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 12–15 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- If desired, sprinkle 1–2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder over top to thicken, mixing well.
- Stir in bacon and sour cream and serve.
- C = 17g P = 21g F = 29g
- 420 calories per serving
- Adapted from: www.therecipecritic.com