- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 T butter
- 1 1/2 qt chicken stock
- 6 T gelatin powder (if broth is not homemade)
- 4 red potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- 2 bunches tender asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Creme fraiche or heavy whipping cream
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Add stock, gelatin, garlic and potatoes.
- Bring to boil and skim.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and simmer additional 10 minutes or until tender.
- Blend with household blender.
- Strain mixture to remove any strings from asparagus.
- Season to taste and reheat gently, ladle into bowld and drizzle creme fraiche on top.
Recipe modified from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
C=27g P=15g F=14g Cals=300