While many of your favorite fruits and veggies may not be ripe just yet, asparagus is in season
and available at many of the area farmers’ markets. So give this recipe a whirl and enjoy a light side dish that’s easy to make and packed with flavor!
- 1 lb asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 T fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t black pepper
- ½ t Dijon mustard
- ¼ t cane sugar
- ¼ t sea salt
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Hold each asparagus spear by the tip. Shave asparagus into ribbons with a vegetable peeler to measure about 3 cups. Reserve asparagus tips for another use.
- Combine asparagus and tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine chives and next 6 ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir well with a whisk to incorporate.
- Drizzle over asparagus and top with goat cheese.
- C = 8g P = 9g F = 16g
- 210 calories per serving
- Source: www.cookinglight.com